Music & Performing Arts
At King’s School, the Arts play an important part of everyday life and every boy is encouraged to be creative, whether it be in visual or performing arts. We provide a unique format for teaching music to our students. Every boy from Year 2 to 8 learns instruments in ensembles in a fully practical programme. The boys learn to play in a social environment and to perform regularly to the community. Year 2 to 3 boys learn string instruments, Years 4 - 7 symphonic band instruments, Year 8 a rock curriculum.
To supplement and enhance this program we provide private and group tuition. These are in addition to class programs and are rotated from week to week to ensure students do not regularly miss the same subjects.
Please book your lessons online.
We recommend that Middle and Senior School Students should not take more than 2 private tuition lessons during school time.
Tuition is available for :
- Strings – Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
- Woodwind – Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Bari Saxophone
- Brass – Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Euphonium, French Horn
- Percussion - Drums
- Guitar – Classical, Acoustic, Electri, Bass
- Piano – Classical, Jazz and Rock
- Exam Preparation – Music Theory, Music Aural
- Speech & Drama
If you have any questions about private tuition please contact Lynne Langdon on 5207789 or email@example.com