Music & Speech & Drama Tuition
At King’s School, the Arts play an important part of everyday life and every boy is encouraged to be creative, whether it be in visual or performing arts. We provide a unique format for teaching music to our students. Every boy from Year 2 to 8 learns instruments in ensembles in a fully practical programme. The boys learn to play in a social environment and to perform regularly to the community. Year 2 - 3 boys learn string instruments, Years 4 - 7 symphonic band instruments and Year 8 students participate in a rock curriculum.
To supplement and enhance this programme we provide private tuition. These are in addition to class programmes and are rotated from week to week to ensure students do not regularly miss the same subjects.
If you have any questions about private tuition please contact Megan Ward on 5207789 or email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- Individual tuition is $340 per term.
- All fees and costs will be charged to your school account on a term-by-term basis, or initially charged to your credit card for the first term and then charged to your school account each additional term.
- Music classes roll over to the next term, to cancel please contact Megan Ward firstname.lastname@example.org
- A term consists of 8 lessons or 32 lessons per year.
- All private tuition lessons are in addition to class programmes and will run for one period equivalent to not more than 30 minutes.
- Lessons are generally rotated from week to week to ensure students do not regularly miss the same subject.
- Prep and Junior School Students should take no more than 1 private tuition lesson per term and this lesson must be taken outside of core curriculum (literacy and numeracy).
- Middle and Senior School students should not take more than 2 private tuition lessons during school time.
- The Director of Performing Arts will allocate the private tutors and may make tutor changes as necessary.
- If a student discontinues lessons during the term, the full term fees are still payable. If a full year has been paid, the remaining terms will be credited to your school account.
- Additional or extra lessons can be arranged at the discretion of the Director of Performing Arts.
- If a student misses a lesson, it is the student’s responsibility to notify their tutor or the Director of Performing Arts in advance. The tutor is not obliged to make up the lesson unless suitable notice is provided.
- If the tutor misses a lesson due to illness or other circumstances, the tutor will make up the lesson or a relieving tutor will be provided.
- The cost of music books and examination fees is additional.